ART CONTEST FOR MIZUUMI-CON 4 IS NOW CLOSED!
Calling all artists! Mizuumi-Con announces the badge art contest and program cover art contest. Your art could appear on the badges and program cover for the con. Gain fame, fortune(?), and free admission to the con if you win the fabulous Mizuumi-Con art contest! We know that many of you who attend anime conventions are artists, and we want you to submit your best work for these contests. All entries are due by 11:59pm January 30th 2011. Submissions will be judged by the con staff and winners will be contacted via email by January 31st 2011 and later announced on our website. The same person may be the winner of both contests. Please include your real name and age with your submission. Submissions of artwork for both contests will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your file is too big to email, we prefer you send it via the website http://www.yousendit.com. If you do use that, PLEASE put your real name, age, and email address in the “Enter Message” box. YouSendIt doesn’t give us your email address even if you enter it in the FROM box, so this is very important. We can’t tell you that you won if we don’t know who sent the file!
Badge Art Contest Guidelines:
The winner of the badge art contest will receive a free artist alley table (with the two included artist admission badges, a $30 value) plus a framed full set of badges.
* Mizuumi-Con requests submission of a set of 5 completed pieces of art for the attendee badges including “Member”, “Volunteer”, “Vendor/Artist”, “V.I.P” & “Staff”.
Dimensions: Member, Volunteer, Vendor/Artist, and V.I.P. badges are all 2.25″ wide by 3.5″ tall. The bottom 0.5″ will be washed out as space for the person’s name. We will do this, so you don’t have to (we’re just telling you so you don’t put anything essential to the piece there). We will also add the text for the name of the con and what type of badge it is.
Staff badge will be 4″ wide by 5.75″ tall. Also the bottom 0.75″ will be washed out as space for the person’s name. We will do this, so you don’t have to (we’re just telling you so you don’t put anything essential to the piece there). We will also add the text for the name of the con and type of badge.
The art should be full color and feature an original character in anime or manga style with no background art. Weapons like swords are optional and acceptable, but guns are discouraged. Also, any art that is not appropriate for distribution at a Catholic University is discouraged, i.e no total nudity, excessive graphic violence, or inappropriate text allowed. Skin is alright, just be artistic about it. 😉
Here’s what last year’s finished member badge looked like, as an example:
Program Cover Art Contest Guidelines:
The winner of the cover art contest will receive a free artist alley table (with the two included artist admission badges, a $30 value) plus a high quality framed print of the program book cover.
* Mizuumi-Con requests submission of a single completed piece of art for the “Program book” cover.
Dimensions: The program cover will be a folded letter sized sheet, so the front cover should be 8.5” tall x 5.5” wide (portrait orientation). We will be placing an OLLU ad on the left half of the sheet (the back cover of the book) and the winning art on the right half of the sheet (the front cover). This piece should be in full color, and consist of a detailed scene using an original character or characters in anime or manga style. Weapons like swords are optional and acceptable, but guns are discouraged. Also, any art that is not appropriate for distribution at a Catholic University is discouraged, i.e no total nudity, excessive graphic violence, or inappropriate text allowed. Skin is alright, just be artistic about it. 😉
Here’s what last year’s finished program cover looked like, as an example:
1. Art can be created digitally or drawn by hand and scanned.
2. We prefer files to be submitted in PSD, AI, or TIFF format. We will not accept JPEGs. Files must be at least 300 dpi. We strongly recommend that you submit a file larger than the requirement so that we can scale it down. We will not scale a piece up.
3. Art may be cropped or modified if necessary by convention staff when doing the final layout for printing.
4. An artist may submit up to two entries for each contest. An “entry” into the Badge Art Contest consists of 5 completed pieces of art and an “entry” into the Program Cover Art Contest consists of 1 completed piece of art. Remember, that email address is email@example.com.
5. We’ll reply to each message with a brief thanks, and possibly a question or two. If you get NO RESPONSE at all, that means that catgirls have taken over our spam filter and we didn’t get your entry. Try again.
6. Winners of each contest agree to allow their artwork to be used by Mizuumi-Con and Our Lady of the Lake University for any future promotional purposes without further compensation. A release form to this effect will be required before a selected entrant is confirmed as the winner.